- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen shelled soybeans, thawed (see notes), or 2 1/4 cups refrigerated cooked shelled soybeans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces shelled, deveined shrimp (31 to 35 per lb.), rinsed
- calories 269
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 266 mg
- cholesterol 86 mg
How to Make It
In a 1-cup glass measure, mix broth, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and chili flakes until smooth.
Set a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat. When hot, add 1 teaspoon oil and the soybeans; stir until beans are hot and their skins are slightly blistered, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, the ginger, and garlic to pan; stir just until garlic begins to brown, about 15 seconds. Add shrimp and stir until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 2 to 3 minutes. Return beans to pan. Stir broth mixture and add to pan; stir until sauce boils and thickens. Add salt to taste. Pour into a serving dish.