Spicy Shrimp and Grits
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce, divided
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Cook grits according to package directions. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, butter, and 3 tablespoons hot sauce until melted and blended. Cover and set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Toss with salt and remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon. Add shrimp and green onions to skillet, and sauté 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon grits onto a serving platter; top evenly with shrimp mixture, and sprinkle with parsley and bacon. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Frank's Original Hot Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note