Spicy Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta
The combination of crushed red pepper and freshly ground black pepper gives this pasta dish a spicy kick. If you prefer less heat, reduce the crushed red pepper to 1/4 teaspoon.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 28.8g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 151mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 568mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (7-ounce) jar sliced pimiento, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, artichokes, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add pimiento and next 4 ingredients; cook over medium-low heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Place arugula in a large bowl; add drained pasta, reserved cooking liquid, and shrimp mixture. Toss well. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note