Spicy Shrimp-and-Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 cup uncooked MAHATMA Jasmine Rice
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cups unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Garnish: green onion stem curls
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine pineapple and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, and set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Sauté shrimp in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Fold in pineapple mixture and shrimp, and cook until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note