Spicy Shrimp-and-Mango Salad
This colorful and healthy shrimp recipe cooks in less than 6 minutes. The fresh mango, lime, and avocado make this Spicy Shrimp and Mango Salad a tasty and refreshing summer meal.
More From Health
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 632mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 1 pound (raw) large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact, if desired)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons blackened-fish rub or Cajun seasoning
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups packed torn Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 1 diced peeled mango
- 3 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. Prepare grill or broiler, or have a ridged grill pan ready to preheat. Combine shrimp and bell pepper chunks in a medium bowl. Add fish rub or Cajun seasoning; toss to coat lightly. Thread shrimp and bell pepper (alternately) on metal or bamboo skewers (the latter presoaked in water); coat with cooking spray.
- 2. Arrange lettuce, avocado, and mango on 4 large plates. Combine salsa, chutney, and lime juice; mix well. (Salads and dressing can be prepared up to 2 hours before serving; chill separately.)
- 3. Put shrimp skewers on medium-hot grill, under broiler 4 inches from heat, or in grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque. Remove shrimp and peppers from skewers; arrange over salads. Drizzle salsa mixture over salads; top with cilantro, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This