- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fennel bulb (about 2 medium bulbs)
- 2 cups diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped niçoise or kalamata olives
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 tablespoons grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Fennel frond (optional)
- calories 402
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 30.1 g
- carbohydrate 52.3 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 143 mg
- iron 6.5 mg
- sodium 389 mg
- calcium 200 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, rind, juice, and garlic in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a shallow dish.
Stir shrimp into red pepper mixture. Cover mixture and marinate in refrigerator up to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain linguine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid; set both aside.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add fennel bulb, and sauté 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp mixture; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Add tomato and olives; cook an additional 2 minutes.
Combine linguine, reserved cooking liquid, shrimp mixture, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in a large bowl, and toss well. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish with fennel frond, if desired.