Spicy Sesame Scallops
These Asian-influenced sesame scallops cook in less than 5 minutes. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables and sprinkle with sesame seeds for a healthy meal.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 lb.), rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian chili paste
- Rice and steamed vegetables (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix scallops, sesame oil, and salt. Let scallops marinate 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Arrange scallops in a broiler pan. In a small bowl, combine chili paste with 1 tbsp. water. Spoon about 1/2 tsp. chili sauce onto each scallop.
- 3. Broil 4 in. from heat until scallops are opaque and chili sauce starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables if you like. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note