Spicy Sesame Noodles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 8-ounce bag(s) Chinese noodles (such as lo mein)
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 bunch(es) scallions, thinly sliced, divided use
- For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) molasses
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, sifted (clumps removed)
- 1/2 cup(s) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup(s) tahini
- 1/4 cup(s) chili oil or hot Chinese oil
- 1. Bring a minimum of 1 gallon of water to a boil. Add and cook noodles to just al dente, 2½ to 3 minutes. Strain and cool.
- 2. Toss noodles in a large bowl with the ½ cup soy sauce and about 1½ bunches of the scallions. Set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, for the dressing, place the 2/3 cup soy sauce in a small saucepan and reduce by half, to 1/3 cup. Stir in the molasses and remove from heat. Let cool.
- 4. Once molasses mixture is cool, whisk in brown sugar, sesame oil, tahini and chili oil. Pour dressing over noodles; mix well. Garnish with remaining slices scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note