Spicy Sesame Asian Marinade
This marinade packs a lot of flavor, thanks to the chili paste and the sesame oil. A tablespoon or so of minced fresh peeled ginger wouldn’t hurt either. It’s great on beef, chicken or pork kebabs, and also wonderful with tofu. Marinate the meat for kebabs in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours, and after pressing the tofu (see Note), marinate tofu for 1 to 2 hours. Recipe by Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook and creator of themom100.com blog - July 14, 2013
Yield: 1 serving ( Serving Size: 2/3 cup )
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice wine (mirin), sake or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon(s) spicy chili paste (or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- Put the vegetable oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, rice wine, and chili paste in a bowl of a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine well.
- Note: Tofu is sold packed in water, so it's hard to get it really browned. Pressing it helps. Place the block of tofu on a large flat plate, place a paper towel on top, then place a second plate on the paper towel. Place a heavy book or some cans of beans on the top of the plate, and let it drain for about 45 minutes. Pour off the liquid, and cut the tofu into slices or cubes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes