I agree with some of the others - it is missing something. Not sure what... Maybe more spice & less thickness of the sauce. It was good but more than likely wont make it again.
Spicy Seafood Stew
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sodium: 823mg
- Cholesterol: 156mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled, halved, and thinly slivered lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (32 oz.) diced or crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces red or white thin-skinned potatoes (about 1 in. wide), scrubbed and quartered
- 1 or 2 fresh hot green chilies such as jalapeños, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces shelled, deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per lb.), rinsed
- 8 ounces tilapia or other white-fleshed fish, rinsed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 ounces fresh or thawed frozen calamari rings (optional; see notes), rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked quinoa
- 1. Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic and stir often until onion is very limp, 8 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, potatoes, chilies, cumin, chili powder, and salt; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Stir in seafood, if using. Cover and simmer until shrimp and fish are opaque but still moist-looking in the center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Spoon quinoa onto rimmed plates; top with stew.
- Nutrition analysis per serving of seafood stew.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews