Spicy Scallop Stir-Fry
Serve this Spicy Scallop Stir-Fry recipe over rice for a fancy addition to your weeknight dinner rotation. It's super quick and delicious.
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 511mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons peeled, minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen Sugar Snap peas, thawed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Green onion strips (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well. Set aside.
- Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add gingerroot, crushed red pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add peas and sweet red pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove vegetable mixture from wok; set aside. Wipe wok dry with a paper towel.
- Coat wok with cooking spray; drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add scallops; stir-fry 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Add chicken broth mixture to wok; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is thickened. Return vegetable mixture to wok; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve over rice. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes