My husband and I both loved this dish! We actually made it with an Asian meal even though this is an Italian side. Super good with rice and marinated beef. We've made it twice now.
Spicy Sautéed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic
Bring some bold Italian flavor to your holiday table with this speedy stovetop side. The recipe doubles easily if serving a larger crowd.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 226mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli rabe (rapini), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook the broccoli rabe in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli rabe and 1/2 teaspoon salt to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until heated, stirring frequently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note