Really really good. We used ready made crust and it was super yummy.
Spicy Sausage and Mushroom Pizza
Hot sausage gives this classic pizza a welcome spicy kick, and choosing turkey rather than traditional pork sausage keeps the calories and fat down.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 15.6g
- Carbohydrate: 51.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 751mg
- Calcium: 134mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes.
- 4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle cheeses over sausage mixture. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note