- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- calories 311
- fat 7.3 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 15.6 g
- carbohydrate 51.8 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 751 mg
- calcium 134 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes.
Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle cheeses over sausage mixture. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden.