Everyone in my family LOVED this recipe. My grocery store doesn't carry regular grits so I had to use instant. I kept a watch on it and it was done about an hour earlier but came out just fine.
Spicy Sausage Grits
Photo: Oxmoor House
- 2 cups uncooked regular grits
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 pound hot smoked sausage, sliced (we tested with Hillshire Farms)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in sausage.
- * Cover and cook on LOW 4 1/2 hours or until thickened, stirring once after 3 hours. Stir in butter, and serve immediately.
- Sausage Substitution Tip: Use andouille sausage or regular smoked sausage if you find the hot smoked sausage too spicy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles