- 2 cups uncooked regular grits
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 pound hot smoked sausage, sliced (we tested with Hillshire Farms)
- 3 tablespoons butter
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in sausage.
* Cover and cook on LOW 4 1/2 hours or until thickened, stirring once after 3 hours. Stir in butter, and serve immediately.
Sausage Substitution Tip: Use andouille sausage or regular smoked sausage if you find the hot smoked sausage too spicy.