Spicy Sausage Breakfast Quiche
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) love
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) pie shell, baked (recipe below)
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage, cooked crumbled and drained
- 3/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup Colby Jack cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cubanelle pepper, chopped (may substitute bell pepper or poblano pepper)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put cooked sausage in bottom of prepared pie shell. Cover sausage with the Pepper Jack and Colby Jack cheeses. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium sauté pan. Add onions and peppers and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until onions soften. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add mixture to the pan of onions and peppers. Stir to combine. Pour egg/onion mixture over cheese/sausage mixture in pie pan. Bake quiche for 20 to 25 minutes or until center of pie is just set. Remove from oven, cool for 15 minutes and serve or cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- All Butter Pie Crust
- Makes enough for a double crust pi3
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 10 pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2-4 tablespoons ice water
- In work bowl of food processor, place flour, butter and salt. Pulse until flour and butter are incorporated and the dough resembles coarse meal. Add milk and 2 tablespoons of ice water. Pulse. Add more ice water as needed until a dough forms. Remove pie dough from processor and divide and form two rounds. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°F. Remove one round of dough from refrigerator and roll out. Lay into a greased pie dish and prick with the tines of a fork to prevent crust puffing up while baking. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crust is a light golden brown. Let cool before adding quiche ingredients.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Sausage Breakfast Quiche Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes