Spicy Sausage-and-Pepper Rotini
Searching for a quick and easy (and delicious) Italian dinner recipe? Look no further. Your family will fall in love with this Spicy Sausage-and-Pepper Rotini recipe. The Italian sausage gives this dish a spicy kick and the red and green peppers add color. It's perfect weeknight meal.
More From Southern Living Cooking School
- 1 (16-ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup diced shallots (about 1 to 2 shallots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Remove from pan; drain. Wipe skillet clean.
- 3. Sauté peppers and shallots in same skillet in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, and sausage; cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and mixture thickens slightly.
- 4. Remove from heat; add cooked pasta to tomato mixture, and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Note: For spicier flavor, sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note