- 1 (16-ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup diced shallots (about 1 to 2 shallots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Remove from pan; drain. Wipe skillet clean.
Sauté peppers and shallots in same skillet in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, and sausage; cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and mixture thickens slightly.
Remove from heat; add cooked pasta to tomato mixture, and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Note: For spicier flavor, sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper.