Spicy Sausage and Onion Quesadillas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 16-ounce can(s) refried beans
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) adobo sauce (more or less to taste)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) sliced white button mushrooms
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 4 spicy Italian turkey or chicken sausages, cut into thin rounds
- 2 cup(s) shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced black olives, divided
- 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together the refried beans, chipotle chilies and adobo sauce. Spread a quarter of the mixture over on side of four of the tortillas, then arrange those tortillas on 2 baking sheets.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium-high, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until the onion and peppers just soften, about 4 minutes. Add the sausage and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sausage begins to brown.
- 4. Spoon s quarter of the sausage and vegetable mixture over the refried beans on each tortilla. Divide 1½ cups of the cheese among the quesadillas, then top each with a quarter of the olives. Gently press a second tortilla over the top of each, then bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle a bit of the remaining cheese over each quesadilla, then bake for 5 more minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note