This went well with Pork Chops. I like the chili powder but made part with just salt. Which was good since the chili powder was a bit too intense for my wife. I'll reuse the basic technique, cut the oil, and be judicious on the spices.
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Give your sweet potato fries a spicy kick with chili powder.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 117
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1. Brush an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan with 2 tsp. olive oil. Heat pan in a 425° oven 5 minutes.
- 2. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 3- x 1/2-inch strips. Combine strips, salt, chili powder, brown sugar, and remaining 1 tsp. oil in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, tossing to coat.
- 3. Place strips in a single layer in prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables