I made them as directed except added Cajun seasoning to the Baggie. Very good, very flavorful. Softer than regular fries. But, just as good as any deep fried sweet potato fries I've had. And, only 117 cal. Per serving.
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Give your sweet potato fries a spicy kick with chili powder.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 117
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1. Brush an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan with 2 tsp. olive oil. Heat pan in a 425° oven 5 minutes.
- 2. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 3- x 1/2-inch strips. Combine strips, salt, chili powder, brown sugar, and remaining 1 tsp. oil in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, tossing to coat.
- 3. Place strips in a single layer in prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note