This was really yummy and easy. Both the hubby and I really enjoyed it and it was very simple to make. Asparagus was perfectly crisp-tender.
Spicy Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
Move the potatoes to one side of the dish before you add the asparagus so the spears can cook in a single, even layer.
Yield: 2 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 223
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34.2g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 419mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 small red potatoes (about 3/4 pound), quartered
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, thyme, peppers, and potatoes in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450º for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and asparagus. Add asparagus mixture to dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This