Spicy Roasted Pears
Slightly underripe pears are perfect for roasting because they soften just enough in the heat of the oven. Serve them with any kind of roasted pork, or as part of a composed plate with Calvados Pan-Fried Pork Chops and Roasted Winter Kale.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 101
- Calories from fat: 1.5%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 2.8mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 medium red pears, cut into eighths and cored, but not peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 sprig (4-in.) rosemary
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Put pears in an ovenproof baking dish big enough to hold them in a single layer.
- 2. Whisk ancho chile and maple syrup together and drizzle over pears. Tuck in rosemary sprig.
- 3. Roast, uncovered, turning once, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This