Spicy Ricotta-and-Spinach Tortelloni
This delicious (and easy) Italian stuffed pasta dinner recipe will become a family favorite. Serve the spicy tortelloni with bread and a green salad for the ultimate dinner experience.
More From Southern Living Cooking School
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package ricotta & spinach tortelloni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. Sauté pine nuts and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 3. Cook ricotta-and-spinach tortelloni according to package directions.
- 4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to skillet, and sauté 1 minute. Add broth, olives, and pepper flakes, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5. Drain tortelloni, and return to pot. Stir in chicken broth mixture, cheeses, and parsley. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts, and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes