Spicy Queso Dip
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Amy Burke
For a milder dip, prepare with regular pasteurized cheese product.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16-oz.) package pepper Jack pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Cook onion in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 2. Combine cheese, tomatoes, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes, stirring every 2 1/2 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: We tested with Velveeta Pepper Jack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers