Spicy Potato Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Potatoes cleaned, diced but not peeled
- 1/2 cup(s) Potato buds or flakes used for thickening, so may need a little more or a little less
- Clean and dice potatoes. I cook with skins on but if you prefer you can peel.
- Add water to very large cooking pot. Add potatoes. You can add the onions and celery while boiling.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are cooking fry up the hot Italian sausage.
- Pour in chicken broth and heavy cream. Add Italian sausage, crushed red pepper and spices to taste.
- Add potato bud's/flakes until soup is slightly thick. Do this slowly since it takes a couple of seconds for the buds to thicken it up.
- I transfer to crock pot at this time, since you do not have to worry about burning... but you can simmer on stove top if like.
- Let simmer for at least a couple of hours in a crock pot and serve with sour cream, chopped green onions and bacon bits sprinkled on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebiGriffith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes