We love this recipe so much we usually skip the roasted pork night and make the pork specifically for cubanos. This recipe has a great combination of flavors as written and is super simple to make if the pork is already roasted. It is even customizable to individual tastes, DH doesn't like mustard, so he just leaves it out and still has a yummy meal! A great everynight meal, and good enough for company.
Spicy Pork, Turkey, and Swiss Cubano Roll
To reheat, wrap rolls with aluminum foil, and heat in a conventional oven or toaster oven at 425° for 8 minutes or until warm.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 roll)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 272
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 18.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 772mg
- Calcium: 227mg
- 4 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced Simply Roasted Pork (about 6 ounces)
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices deli turkey breast
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 16 pickled jalapeño pepper slices, patted dry
- Spread 1 teaspoon mustard evenly over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1 cheese slice, 1/4 cup Simply Roasted Pork, and 1 turkey slice. Arrange 2 tablespoons cilantro and 4 jalapeño slices evenly over each tortilla; roll up.
- ?lxárge skillet over medium heat. Add rolls to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of rolls; press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and rolls are crisp (leave cast-iron skillet on rolls while they cook).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches