Spicy Pork Tenderloins with Uniq Fruit Salsa
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 211
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 323mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Mexican seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped peeled Uniq fruit (about 1)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- To prepare the pork, combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub garlic over pork. Rub spice mixture over pork. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a cast-iron or ovenproof grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes or until just browned on all sides. Transfer pork to oven. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink). Let pork stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- To prepare salsa, combine Uniq fruit and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve pork with salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note