Not sure I would serve these to company, per se, but they were great for a quick and yummy pork dinner! I halved everything, and I cooked them as I would meatballs (not on skewers). Very, very, easy.
Spicy Pork Skewers
Moroccan meat skewers, or kefta, are made with beef and formed into sausage shapes. Our variation uses pork rolled into little meatballs.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 631mg
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- 1 1/4 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes (if using metal skewers, proceed to step 2). Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the pork, garlic, cumin, paprika, onion, salt, and pepper. Form into small meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball, then thread the meat onto the skewers.
- 3. Lay skewers over medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes. Serve warm.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note