Relatively quick and easy to make. We thought it had good flavor but nothing that was a real "wow". I'd still probably make it again.
Spicy Pork and Sauerkraut Sandwiches
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
Packaged coleslaw mix creates easy, speedy "sauerkraut" that's more colorful and less salty than the traditional recipe.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 366
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 989mg
- Calcium: 108mg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- 16 (1/8-inch-thick) slices cucumber
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, oregano, thyme, and black pepper; sprinkle pork with spice mixture. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, coleslaw, and next 4 ingredients (coleslaw through Worcestershire sauce); cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread mixture evenly over cut sides of rolls. Divide coleslaw mixture, pork, and cucumber slices evenly among bottom halves of rolls. Cover with top halves of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches