Love this. Don't care for the heat of the wasabi-flavored almonds, so I sub. toasted, slivered almonds. Spice Island still makes the szechuan (sp?) seasoning.
Spicy Pork-and-Orange Chopped Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Kacy Carroll
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Szechwan seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup bottled low-fat sesame-ginger dressing
- 1 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 3 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup wasabi-and-soy sauce-flavored almonds
- Garnish: orange slices
- 1. Toss pork with Szechwan seasoning and salt to coat. Sauté pork in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
- 2. Peel oranges, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut slices into chunks.
- 3. Pour dressing into a salad bowl. Stir in oranges, cucumber, and cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes. Add romaine, coleslaw mix, and pork; toss gently. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with McCormick Gourmet Collection Szechwan Seasoning and Blue Diamond Bold Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note