This takes me longer to make - I chop the onions and poblanos - but it is worth the effort. Since I make a batch and individually freeze for work lunches, I add about 2 to 3 ounces of Velveeta - I know, but it needed something that would melt and freeze.
Spicy Poblano and Corn Soup
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42.3g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 275mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby gold and white corn (such as Birds Eye), thawed and divided
- 2 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 4 poblano chiles, seeded and chopped (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place 1 cup corn and 1 1/2 cups milk in a Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- 2. Combine chopped chile, onion, and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at HIGH 4 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place 2 cups corn and 1/2 cup milk in a blender; process until smooth. Add pureed mixture to corn mixture in pan. Stir in chile mixture and salt, and cook 6 minutes over medium heat. Ladle soup into bowls, and top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note