- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby gold and white corn (such as Birds Eye), thawed and divided
- 2 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 4 poblano chiles, seeded and chopped (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- calories 239
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- fat 4 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 13.2 g
- carbohydrate 42.3 g
- fiber 4.9 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 633 mg
- calcium 275 mg
How to Make It
Place 1 cup corn and 1 1/2 cups milk in a Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
Combine chopped chile, onion, and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at HIGH 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, place 2 cups corn and 1/2 cup milk in a blender; process until smooth. Add pureed mixture to corn mixture in pan. Stir in chile mixture and salt, and cook 6 minutes over medium heat. Ladle soup into bowls, and top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.