I doubled the bean mixture to balance out the cream cheese mixture. I substituted 1 tblspoon of ancho chili sauce for the jalapeno. My husband and mother-in-law gobbled it up and said they loved it, and that it wasn't toooo spicy.
Spicy Pinto Bean Burritos
Yield: 6 burritos.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 345
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 53.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 6 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups canned pinto beans, drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1/2 cup nonfat process cream cheeseproduct, softened
- 1/4 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons no-salt-added salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place a damp paper towel in center of a sheet of aluminum foil. Stack tortillas on paper towel. Cover stack with another damp paper towel; seal foil. Bake at 250° for 10 minutes.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add olive oil. Place over medium heat until hot. Add 1/2 cup onion; saute 4 minutes. Add jalapeno and garlic; saute 1 minute. Add pinto beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise; stir well.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup bean mixture down one side of each tortilla. Top evenly with cream cheese mixture, green onions, and salsa. Roll up tortillas; arrange seam side down in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Place 1/2 cup lettuce and 1 burrito on each plate. Top burritos evenly with tomato, green pepper, and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes