Spicy Pickled Summer Vegetables
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups vegetables (such as cucumber, zucchini, squash, onion, and sweet bell pepper), thinly sliced
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a quart jar. Cover tightly with lid, and shake until sugar dissolves.
- 2. Add vegetables to jar. Cover tightly with lid, and shake well. Chill at least 4 hours, shaking occasionally. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables