Absolutely wonderful. Made this for a pool party and it was a big hit. If I'm just making a small batch I have quartered the ingredients with great results.
Spicy Pickled Shrimp
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 23 Minutes
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (26/30 count)
- 3 small white onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Cook shrimp in boiling water to cover 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain. Rinse with cold water.
- 3. Layer shrimp and onions in a large bowl. Whisk together oil and next 7 ingredients; pour over shrimp and onions. Cover and chill 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers