Spicy Peppered Sweet Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) sweet potatoes
- 1/2 small red onion cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra light olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh sage chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) almond slivers
- 1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking pan with foil, spary with no-stick cooking spray and set aside. Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cut sweet potatoes in half and cut each half into 2 inch chunks.
- 2. Combine sweet potatoe cubes, onion, olive oil, garlic, and bell pepper in prepared baking pan and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, Sprinkle cumin and cayenne pepper over the mixture and toss to coat. Add 1 cup water. Roast vegetables on center oven rack for 30 mins sturring every 10 mins. You can prepare sweet potatoe mixture a day in advance and roast it the day of the dinner.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine olive oil, sage, and almonds in a small micorwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high power for 30 seconds, then stir. Garnish vegetables with the toasted nuts and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Peppered Sweet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables