Spicy Pepper-Jack Au Gratin Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 slice(s) bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley, chopped
- 16 ounce(s) pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 6 - 8 red potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced (not Russet)
- 2 cup(s) Beschamel sauce (recipe below)
- Bechamel Sauce
- 4 tablespoon(s) flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cup(s) milk
- (Prepare Bechamel sauce as directed below.)
- Saute chopped onion and jalapeno in olive oil until tender. Add the onion and jalapeno mixture to the Beschamel sauce. Add 1 cup of pepper-jack cheese; stir until incorporated. Set aside.
- Slice red potatoes very thinly and blanch in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Spray bottom of a round casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Layer potatoes, then spread a layer of Bechamel, sprinkle with bacon and parsley, then sprinkle with pepper-jack. Repeat 3 times. Top with remaining pepper-jack and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Set to broil for last 5 minutes to brown top.
- Bechamel Sauce: Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until sauce is thick (do not boil). Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, dry mustard and Worcestershire.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jilligan65 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note