This makes twice what's needed for the recipe above; serve the extra at happy hour. Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes.
This recipe goes with Chicken Salad with Apples, Grapes, and Spicy Pecans
Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet, and set aside.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine dried rosemary and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over pecans, and toss to coat.
- 3. Spread pecans in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes, stirring often, until pecans are crispy and brown. Let cool to room temperature on baking sheet, stirring often to prevent pecans from sticking together. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note