- 1 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® White Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups thick and chunky style salsa
- 3 cans (16 oz each) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled and diced
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
How to Make It
In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions, sweet potato and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened (about 5 minutes).
Add chicken broth, thyme, cumin, and rice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and cover; simmer 18 - 20 minutes until rice is cooked.
Add salsa, beans and zucchini; cook until zucchini is tender (about 10 minutes). Add peanut butter and stir until completely combined. Remove from heat.