- 1/2 pound salted roasted peanuts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh Thai chili or 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh serrano chilies
- 2 tablespoons sliced peeled fresh galangal or fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped palm sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) or 2 tablespoons each soy sauce and sugar
- About 3 tablespoons lime juice
- About 1/2 tablespoon salt
- calories 45
- caloriesfromfat 78 %
- protein 1.1 g
- fat 3.9 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 2.1 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 60 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a food processor, whirl peanuts, garlic, chili, galangal, and sugar until finely ground.
In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, combine peanut mixture, coconut milk, and sweet soy sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly darker and thicker, about 15 minutes. Add lime juice and salt to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.