Spicy Passion Fruit-Glazed Shrimp
Passion fruit gives the glaze a sweet-and-sour taste. Serve these kebabs over a bed of basmati or jasmine rice. When straining the glaze, press with the back of a spoon to extract as much passion fruit pulp as possible.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 277
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 35.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 403mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup passion fruit pulp (about 4 passion fruit)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 32 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 8 lime wedges
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add passion fruit pulp, stirring well, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes.
- Strain passion fruit mixture through a sieve into a large bowl; discard seeds. Add lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper, and salt, stirring well. Set 1/2 cup passion fruit mixture aside. Add shrimp to remaining passion fruit mixture, and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread 4 shrimp on each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until done, basting with reserved 1/2 cup passion fruit mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note