Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 12 chicken pieces
- 1 cup(s) unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, hot pepper sauce, mustard, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend well. Add onion, then chicken and turn to coat. Cover; chill at least 3 hours or up to 1 day, turning chicken occasionally.
- Place racks on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Whisk breadcrumbs, cheese, flour, thyme, paprika, cayenne and 1 teaspoon salt in large baking dish to blend. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Add chicken to breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat completely. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on racks on baking sheets. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle butter over chicken. Bake until crisp, golden and cooked through, about 50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jadell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes