Quadrupled the spices. Added Sea salt and fresh ground pepper. The kids and hubby LOVED it. Hubby said 7 stars out of 5.
Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken
For a quicker version, substitute 3 cups chili-flavored corn chips for regular, and omit spices.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cups corn chips, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 4 chicken legs, skinned
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Rub chicken with mayonnaise; dredge in corn chip mixture. Place in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan coated with cooking spray. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° on the lowest oven rack for 30 minutes (do not turn). Cover and bake 15 more minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes