Spicy Orange Gingercake
Good served warm for brunch or with coffee. Original recipe from 1980-90's Sunset
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) butter or magarine
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/2 cup(s) light molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup(s) hot coffee
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cloves
- In large bowl, beat butter or margarine and sugar until creamy. Add honey, molasses and egg, and beat well. Stir in juice and peel.
- Combine all dry ingredients together,
- Add flour mixture alternately with coffee to creamed mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured 9" square pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and turn out on rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Orange Gingercake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings