I marinated this overnight. I thought the flavors were very good. It was an easy meal to make and my whole family loved it.
Spicy Orange Beef
Orange juice, crushed red pepper, and sesame oil add allure to this saucy Chinese entrée. A side of sliced cucumbers dressed with rice vinegar and a pinch of sugar would offer a good balance for this spicy meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 274
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 26.5g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 627mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3/4 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Combine rice and salt, tossing well.
- Combine garlic, pepper, and beef, tossing well.
- Combine rind, juice, cornstarch, and soy sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture and onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add juice mixture; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Serve beef mixture over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note