- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3/4 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- calories 274
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 26.5 g
- carbohydrate 24.9 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- cholesterol 69 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 627 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Combine rice and salt, tossing well.
Combine garlic, pepper, and beef, tossing well.
Combine rind, juice, cornstarch, and soy sauce, stirring with a whisk.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture and onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add juice mixture; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Serve beef mixture over rice.