Spicy Olive-and-Okra-Topped Hummus
Find mixed pitted olives in your grocer's deli department.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives, coarsely chopped*
- 4 pickled okra, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (17-oz.) container hummus
- Pita bread or chips
- 1. Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Add olives, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in okra and rosemary. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Transfer hummus to a serving dish; top with warm olive mixture. Serve with pita bread or chips.
- *1 (11-oz.) jar whole pitted kalamata olives, drained and chopped, or 1 (6-oz.) jar sliced kalamata olives, drained and chopped, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers