Spicy Oatmeal Crisps
Pepper may sound like an odd ingredient for a cookie, but it complements the other spices well (although you can omit it if you prefer).
Yield: 2 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (flour through pepper) in a medium bowl. Beat sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir in flour mixture and oats.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until crisp. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts