Spicy Oatmeal Cookies
If you like raisins; 1/2 cup can be added along with the oats.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar packed
- 7 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 eggs large
- 1 1/2 cup(s) oats, (quick or old fashioned) uncooked
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients(cinnamon through salt) in a medium bowl; set aside. Beat sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Gradually stir in flour mixture and oats.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely then store tightly covered.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ellynint and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies